10 benefits of completing a supervised Detox Program
Toxins effect the body’s natural ability to burn fat, leading to weight gain which in turn can lead to diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure, all directly linked to weight gain issues. Detoxing rids the body of toxins stored in fat cells and increases metabolism.
Are you thinking about trying to detox but unsure of what exactly the benefits may be? When done correctly, in a healthy, safe and controlled environment, getting your body clean and healthy can result in a wide range of positive effects.
- Removes toxins from the body: Long-term exposure to toxins (environmental pollutants, cancer-causing chemicals, preservatives, pesticides & heavy metals) affects our metabolism, behaviour and immune system and can lead to disease. These toxins are stored in tissues and cells throughout the body including the brain.
- Prevents chronic disease: Environmental toxins are responsible for many cancers, neurological diseases, heart disease, strokes, you name it! Our bodies do have a built-in detoxification function to deal with these potential dangers but often those systems are overloaded. Detoxing improves and assists our bodies natural abilities to do what they are trying to do naturally.
- Enhances the immune system function: A compromised immune system makes us vulnerable to colds, flu and other diseases. Regular detoxing helps strengthen the immune system’s ability to function optimally and helps us to fight off potential infections.
- Lose Weight: Toxins affect the body’s natural ability to burn fat, leading to unwanted weight gain. Diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure are directly linked to weight gain issues. Detoxing rids the body of toxins stored in fat cells and increases metabolism.
- Slow Premature ageing: Detoxing rids the body of free radicals and heavy metals partially responsible for ageing. It also helps to increase nutrient absorption, including antioxidants and vitamins that help the body to fight oxidative stress.
- Improve quality of life: Simply put, our bodies don’t function very well when they’re loaded with toxins. Symptoms of toxic overload may include joint pain, headaches, digestive disorders, sleep problems and lack of energy. Often depression is eased and memory improved through the detoxification process.
- Increased energy: You will have more mental, physical, and emotional energy after detoxing. People tend to sleep better and need less of it.
- Improved skin quality: Diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect skin. Detoxing improves acne and strengthens hair and nails giving us a natural, healthy glow.
- Mental and emotional clarity: When the body’s systems are aligned, a shift can also occur within our mental and emotional states. We find that we are more able to deal with and correctly process things when we are clear and grounded. Our decision making processes may also be enhanced as we are able to see things more clearly.
- Restore balance to our body’s systems: Our digestive, nervous and hormonal systems were designed to work together to achieve optimum health. This is what our bodies want to do! When we overload them with toxins and unhealthy foods, these systems don’t work as well as they should and we are more likely to get sick.
*Detoxing brings balance back and helps our systems function properly again.